Wednesday 18 May 2011

Modern Warfare 3

Today I saw the 4 trailers for the new Call of Duty game. I must say it looked kind of interesting, and that's not normally something I say about Call of Duty games, even though I almost invariably end up buying and quite enjoying them.

The plot appears to carry on from MW2, or so I'm told, and features attacks by the Russian dude I've forgot the name of on 4 major western cities. In this case New York, London, Paris and Berlin. Yes the western invasion plot has been done now, with the awesome premise, but horrible game of Homefront immediately springing to mind. But call of duty generally has higher production standards and I'm really hoping come 8th November (or whenever it is around there) MW3 will be worth a buy. I'm really not talking a camp out at midnight waiting for game to open so I can get the 'hardened' edition which will inevitably be available, but a normal buy!

However, with homefront as an example and Portal 2 as an exception that proves the rule, when I get enthusiastic about games before release they generally suck and suck hard. I'm sure CoD won't though!!

Downsides are I've only just started getting on with playing Black Ops online, and although there's some considerable months, 2 weddings, a weekend in tenerife etc to go between then. I know I'll get good (I say good... I mean not humiliatingly bad), then everyone will leave it to play MW3 online, I'll drop back behind and get shot by French people all over again, I mean honestly, when you log in on a French server shouldn't you immediately surrender?

By the same standard on a US server you should get +500 for a team kill not minus...

On an unrelated note, I just had some classic 'last nights' pizza for dinner... EPIC.

EDIT: Yes I know Battlefield 3 will be better

1 comment: