Monday 23 May 2011

Ash cloud?? Seriously??

Firstly, before I get started, this is the 2nd blog I've done today in quite quick succession. I'm very proud of the fact that I decided not to publish, then destroyed the existence of the first. Sometimes it's good just to write something for the purposes of writing it, to get it out of the system (not that anyone actually reads these... but you know what I mean).

I'm quite happy that it's now out of my system and nobody is any the wiser. If you want to know ask me, but it's really not that interesting.

Now back on to the point.

Last year I watched on from my UK based holidays as the Icelandic ash cloud destroyed several thousand other peoples holidays and I genuinely felt sorry for them. We were told this once in a century event was devastating and rare. It crippled flights and left many people stuck in places like Glasgow and Birmingham. On the flip side, some people were stuck in Spain etc, but even they weren't having fun.

Fast forward to the present day and me and several friends are preparing for my good friend Brads stag doo, less than 4 weeks 'til we jet off (assuming my passport ever bastard shows up, but that's a different rant.) and boom, some other unpronounceable, un-spellable volcano goes up sending ash higher than is really good for peoples health.

Immediately the warnings start, airlines start panicking and suddenly we're all thinking...  oh maybe we might not be going then. 4 weeks should be plenty for everything to clear and here's hoping it is, but just in case it isn't may I please be the first to shake my first at the sky and Iceland  (not the supermarket) and grumble about it.

Though, bigger picture as long as the volcano going up wasn't the start of the rapture, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment