Tuesday 12 October 2010

Blogging

Wow a blog about blogging, that's never been done before...

It has struck me the whole blogging process is an unusual one, a blog is essentially an area where anyone an express any (well nearly any) opinion some anyone else to read. But the question is, who reads mine? I know some people who know me read this (Hi guys!!) but what about the rest of the peeps out there? Do they stumble in, find it boring and leave, do they find it interesting and come back? Of the couple of hundred or so reads I've had, are they all unique? Do I have regulars?

All questions I'll never really know the answer too, and I kind of like it that way. If I knew certain people read I may become paranoid about what I write. Could you risk expressing dissatisfaction about work if you thought your boss would read it? Would you slag your neighbours if they might stumble across your rant while searching for Alan Titchmarsh hints on bing?

To look at this I thought about the way I read others blogs, and to be honest my first thought was I rarely do. Usually I'll randomly come across one and read while searching for a topic on google, but I've never subscribed/followed. So why would I expect anyone to do any more for me?

Truth is I don't, I find writing these blogs quite relaxing and would carry on if I never had another hit again (blog hit, I've never had a hit single). If I wanted to rapidly increase the volume of readers I'd put the link on Facebook, but no I can't see that happening, I doubt all my 'friends' would get what I write, some would don't get me wrong but Facebook friends and real friends regularly don't add up. Well maybe once just to see what would happen, I'll wait til I write something more interesting first though. Maybe do something different, like.. a sing-along blog... all together now, "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... don't plan the plan if..." no? OK for the best.

But I do wonder, how many people out there write blogs for fun, enjoyment etc and how many do it for attention? Obviously both types exist, that's human nature as Jacko once sang. Do people use this type of stuff to try and get chances in media? Could that ever happen?

Primarily I think the world of blogging is a wild and varies one and something that will always be enjoyable to me. Far more enjoyable than the shambles of a football (soccer) side my country turns out. Beat 4-1 by Switzerland, that's an awfully attacking display for such a neutral country!!

Anyway, until the moro peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Be very wary of posting anything work related mate. You never know when that's gonna turn around and bite you on the arse! ;)

    ReplyDelete