Friday 11 March 2011

Return to the gym

I'm pretty sure I've written this before, but the time has come for me to get back to the gym. At my best I was reasonably fit, not greatly by any stretch of anyones imagination, but reasonably. But now not so much.

My body has a habit of conspiring against me, things break, wear out, etc quite easily it seems, and I do have a problem with my knees at the moment which has been stopping me. I'm currently waiting for an apointment with a physio at my lovely local NHS Hospital to help strengthen them, but I thought I may as well carry on. What's the worst I can do?

This year I intend to do the events I missed out on last. Last I was intending to do the Swansea Bay 10k (3rd time) and Cardiff Half Maraton (2nd time) but alas not. So I'll hit the tredmill after work tomorrow and see what I can do and where I'm at. I'm not a moron, if I get pain I'll stop, but with a bit of luck I'll be able to get at least some distance behind me so I can begin to get better.

Oh and cats with thumbs? WTF is that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment