Monday 14 March 2011

Japan - help not take advantage

I would think by now everyone is familiar with the happenings in Japan. If not... how, but pick a news service any news service and et voila. Honestly I can't see how anyone could think of the situation as anything but tragic, loss of human life, lives scarred etc. But there are people.

Anyone who could use a situation like this to their advantage is someone how needs a punch to the throat. But some of the things flying round the internet make me sick. So far I've heard:
  • It's vengeance from God for the people of Japan living immoral lives, some kind of Noah's ark 2 maybe. No doubt adding that if everyone follows the religion they're backing they will be saved, or potentially they're next.
  • It's karma for previous events, with Pearl Harbour being mentioned more than once
All I can ask is, what's wrong with people.

What kind of person would use a situation like this to their advantage? What kind of person falls for it? First up any religion or cult that would try and use it to recruit is the lowest, they'd make the BNP look like well reasoned individuals.

But equally who'd respond to them? Who thinks 'by gosh they're right, clearly as Japan haboured homosexuals they deserved to get wiped, I better sign up!'? Maybe some scared people initially, but they'd wise up sooner rather than later. Leaving who? I honestly think we've advanced as a species to the point where we'd know better. I am sure I don't know anyone that stupid, but people must exist.

Don't get me wrong, most, probably all, major religions have acted appropriatley. But these stupid fucking extremists...

As for the karma people, what goes through these sick peoples head? Places like facebook (where I've seen such material) and twitter give everyone a voice that can be heard, unfortunatley some knuckledragging morons are far ignorant to deserve this kind of voice. To think people were celebrating this event essentially being pleased it happened makes my blood boil to all new all kinds of new degrees.

There are dozens of ways we can help by donating. Whether it be via the British Red Cross site by text (Over in North America at least), I encourage everyone that if they can help do so. I'd hope for help if the roles were reversed.

No comments:

Post a Comment