Wednesday 3 November 2010

Milkfloats - Where have you gone?

Morning all!

No update in a while so I thought I better motivate my ass into action. 

But what shall I write about, we have some art school frame hungry biatch looking like quitting x-factor, only she's blatantly not she's getting sympathy votes ready so she doesn't end up in the bottom two again next week. There's firemen threatening to strike on their busiest night, don't think putting people in danger is the way to get support lads, but no something far more burning...

On way way to work this morning I passed the milkman for my area. We don't use him it's cheaper in Tesco, but generally there's an older population around the new abode (still semi finished but I'll come to that) and as their fragile bones would crack on the walk (kidding) they tend to use the good old service.

Now this milkman, similarly to the one at my last house has long since ditched the idea of a milk float, and gone for a transit van. He also doesn't wear a uniform/hat etc destroying childhood imagery in seconds. But I was always under the impression Milk Floats were used in early morning delivery situations as they were very quiet, and him rocking up outside in one of them wont wake the baby.

The van he turned up in, pulled in behind me, I only saw it as the noise made me turn around thinking possibly our builders were turning up at stupid o'clock or something. I honestly can't say I had an intention or desire to speak to the guy so I didn't ask, why bin the silent electric for the diesel boom box, but I can only imagine it's down to speed. Why be nice and quiet and not disturb the pensioners when I can do twice the work and lay my hands on twice the cash? Seems to be a fairly typical attitude in service industries these days. Oh well.

Speaking of house, isn't Hugh Laurie... oh wait, wrong house, kudos to the previously mentioned builders who have completed work on the exterior brickwork of my conservatory. All we need now is glass and a floor and we can say it's done! Then, to the delight of our moany neighbours, we start work on the driveway and parking area in front of the house. Now I can understand they did get some dust over from the construction, but it's temporary so get over it. There is a risk we may look slightly anti-social though as we've put an elevated 4 foot fence up between 1 lot of neighbours and a 5 and a half foot wall the other way. He he.

Anyway it's off to work I go, then hospital to see an ill father. It's all go here!


No comments:

Post a Comment