Wednesday 10 November 2010

"I promise that I'll come to Wales"

I'm annoyed!

Ben Folds is one of my favourite artists, he's clearly a talented man and put son one hell of a show. Over my time I've travelled twice to Manchester and once to Bristol to see him. That's quite a few miles.

Imagine my joy when on his last UK tour (some time ago now) in Bristol, after being heckled from a good proportionally Welsh crowd, he promised, no sang, next time he'd come to Wales. Plus of course with everything these days the evidence is on youtube (I'm the one who put it on there)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBp2JwanSE (1100 hits woo hoo)

Well today his long awaited tour dates came out. Dublin, Glasgow, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, London, Southampton, then on to Europe. Notice anything missing? Not even close, not even Bristol this time. Well thank you very much Mr Folds, this time you can shove your tickets up your Southampton.

It's an increasing trend, bands just don't play in Wales. Are the 'good' people of Cymru not worthy of the music? Are we all so poor we can't pay the ticket prices? Are we so far down the M4 people don't even know we exist? Well this Welshman has had enough, I'm not going to see him or anyone else who isn't close by. I know there's an element of cutting my nose off to spite my face but screw it. If more people had this attitude maybe we'd get better service down here.

Mr Folds your sans one fan, and based on your album sales last time, you need every one you can get.

You can guarantee we'll get the friggin X-Factor tour and Westlife and the like though.

No comments:

Post a Comment