Saturday 27 November 2010

The death of a netbook, snow joke!

Yes, I know I've been quiet.

Frequent runs to hospital to see my father (who is now thankfully home) combined with the sad death of my netbook (the main place I typed from) have conspired against me. However I now sit in a snowy Merthyr with half hour spare while my daughter watches Dora the Explorer struggle to put on a Pirate play as she can't find the costumes, I'm back!

The netbook isn't dead really. The power supply is broken, so I can't charge it, I can replace it with a new one, but I can just as easily get a new netbook free with a new mobi broadband contract, so I'll do that some time soon! Anyone know any good ones, leave me a comment and I'll have a nose! Until then I've been entertaining myself on the train by reading Alan Sugar's autobiography. Quite well written really, a kind of sense of superiority running through it I feel though.

I was expecting panic this morning, it's snowed quite well yesterday, I remained thoroughly unconcerned, no desire to leg it home from work and the roads were all fine. I got home no concerns in the slightest. But then it snowed a bit more last night, quite a bit more, and the outside o my house looked like Pepper Pigs Christmas this morning (sorry, you have to watch them with her don't you. Don't you??)

However while taking the other half to work, I'm shoc\ked, almost aghast, to find, the roads as a rule are clear and passable. Well done Merthyr council, and I don't think I've ever said that before! The builders got here no sweat this morning to carry on (and hopefully finish) my conservatory. The world isn't a snow dead place! The sky is even clear so I don't think we're going to get any more. But don't quote me, I'm not a weatherman.

More excitingly, the semi finals of the ATP tennis finals are today, and I'm pleased Brit #1 Murray is in there. He'll prob get battered against a well up for it Nadal, but hey ho. he's back to 4 in the world now at least. There's also rugby, which will be the final leg of an shocking autumn(?) international series for Wales. Wooden Spoon contenders for 2011! 20 or 30 point win for NZ anyone?

I also noticed the blog had a hit from someone searching google for Peter Gabriel Tennis. now that be an odd search, I'm proud I matched it, somehow... (I think it was the tennis post that made the homeless Christmas single request, as that's a Peter Gabriel cover, so once again pls follow @QRistmas and buy the single Dec 13th pls, keep someone less fortunate warm and fed this Christmas, as it's bloody freezing out there

PS, I just realised, this post would now generate a hit too, woohoo, double random search results!

No comments:

Post a Comment