Wednesday 6 April 2011

OK then, don't keep on running, it's up to you

I honestly don't know whether I'm accident prone, unlucky or my body has some kind conspiracy against me. I'm guessing it's the first, but no guarantees.

No sooner as I signed my name on the (digital) dotted line for the half marathon and good cause bit I so lovingly blogged about Monday, than I manage to injure myself! I'd been playing 5 a side for what must've been 35 or 40 seconds when I get a pain in my right thigh. No, that can't be great I thought, but I carried on and before I knew it kicking the damn thing became a remarkably sore experience. That's right, I'd done a muscle in my thigh. Highly annoying! I played on, but with little ability to kick, run or stick my leg out you can imagine how useful I was.

You think my body has some kind of problem with me becoming fitter. It felt the cardio about to be pushed and went, "Screw that fat boy, you aint taking my McDonalds off me." I would like to reassure my body, the McDonalds will be a constant, although overtaken in the preference scale by a Dominos American hot with no onion and extra pepperoni. mmmmmmmmmmmm

It's only now the second day and the pain is better and I'm already not walking like quite the weirdo I was yesterday, I honestly think I'll be fit to go back to the gym on the weekend, but it's still annoying as it's put me  behind where I wanted to be before I've even started.

I've got 4 months and I'm not exactly starting from scratch so I think I'll be OK. But if this happened just at the wrong moment, what's going to happen next? It's been a few years since I broke anything... I'm sure it'll be fine.

Regardless of no training I am today going to start my fundraising efforts in earnest. I'll start with work. Generally people in work with me a good people and generous ones too, I'm hoping that has continued into the current questionable economic climate. They should be used to me by now by generally do 1 charity thing a year, such as the Excalibur Challenge last year in which me n 3 others raised £1,300 or so for Velindre. I'm not going to manage that solo obviously, but its good as it shows I can do it.

I'm not sure whether to stick to, 'will you please sponsor me' stuff or expand a little. In that £1,300 was the proceeds from a quiz night, once again much harder to do anything with solo than with 4, but if I ask nice maybe they'll help!

No comments:

Post a Comment