Monday 18 April 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

So Friday I stuck an application in for another job. Not another company, still staying with the Brotherhood of <company name>, but another department and a totally different role.

This has made me think, was it a good idea. I was ummming and arrring until the last minute, but in the end just hit the button and submitted it. That's another point, the application form was online, which despite being the total geek that I am, I didn't like. It almost felt like it was encouraging me to provide shorter answers, as is my experience using web forms, but I got over this and did a reasonable job I think.

Anyway, it made me evaluate where I am exactly, I have a job now I'm comfortable in, I'm good at, is secure. So why look for alternatives? The job I've applied for is in IT, and I think that was a strong attracting factor, as I've always fancied working in IT. I'm good with computers, and I think I'll be good at it with a little guidance.

But who knows if I've made the right decision, it's not like I'm certain to get it anyway, there's probably 200 people better for the job in the company, and it's not like I couldn't pull out.

Oh who knows, I'll see what happens.

At least I got to use a Bowie song as I title!

No comments:

Post a Comment