Monday 4 April 2011

Keep on Running!

Today, I signed myself up to run Octobers Cardiff half marathon.

I've always been one of those people who trains and looks after themselves far better when they have some sort of goal to work towards. Goal driven if you will. So today I put a rather large goal almost looming over me, as a result I will go to the gym, mainly as I don't want top die in a park in Cardiff.

13.1 miles is a long way and I'm not anywhere near fit enough at the moment but I'll get there. I'm hoping for a time around 2:20-2:30 with no injuries. I'll be happy with that. Let's be honest, I'll be happy to finish before the 3 hours is up and I have to dodge cars in the street to get to the line! It's good to have ambition I find.

I will of course drag my ass round the Swansea 10k as preparation, which is always nice and not too far. It'll be fine... my God what have I done...

What signing up for these types of events also does is give me an opportunity to raise some money for good causes and this is no exception. I have signed up as one of the Velindre 100 Team to help raise funds for Velindre Cancer Centre. I'm in the process of making up a justgiving page, which if anyone feels the urge to donate too.. please do. Link will follow! My initial target is a princely £100, I hope to beat that, but who knows, it relies on me getting sponsors, something which I'm bad at.

Oh well I'll try me best. I have twitter I suppose, I'll use that.

Anyway I off to play 5-a-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment