Monday 15 August 2011

Football season has properly begun, 'mon the Martyrs

So we're into the Premier league season, and this one could potentially quite interesting. Don't get me wrong I've written Arsenal off already, I think 4th is a pipe dream and 5th more likely, chances are Man Utd will win it, Chelsea and Man City close behind and maybe a bit of improving Liverpool rounding off the Champs league spaces. But I don't think I'm most interested by the top this year.

As everyone probably knows who has any interest in the sport, Swansea were promoted. Oooh a Welsh team in the Premier, and, as I've said before, a Welsh team I quite like (sorry Cardiff, you could be playing in the Champs League final and I wouldn't give a rats ass and everytime I'm told by Cardiff fans I 'should' support them, and it's great for the whole of Wales when they win stuff, it makes me care just a little bit less.) so I find myself quite interested in how they do, to the point where I may even watch them tonight (while I still have sports).

Obviously I think they'll struggle and while I'd never say I 'support' them, I'd like them to do well. I think they've made some decent, not overly high risk signings which could be enough, could being the word. Just get to 40 points and the rest will sort itself out.

Going down the odd step, Merthyr are playing in Merthyr again, and I have a feeling this is where most of my football related time will be devoted this year. I didn't go Saturday as there was stuff on, but I'm quite fancying a few trips to Pen Park this year to watch them. They went up last season and are now playing in the Western League Premier, not exactly stuffed with footballing giants but you can only play what's infront of you. They started off beating Odd Town (I have no idea what's so odd about it) 7-1 which is a hiding at any level, so we may have a shout again this year, who knows.

I did miss every game last year, but the trip to Taffs Well was a pain in the arse.

Also the new kit is very nice

So if you see me wet and looking p'd off in Penydarren Park, say hi!

Oh and the bloke sitting behind me looks the spit of Leonard Nimoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment