Wednesday 31 August 2011

Facebook 'friends'

I actually had a look at my Facebook profile for the first time in god knows how long today. First up it decided to spend about an hour telling me about all the security changes, but I powered through and caught a glimpse at my friends list:

Friends (203)

it said.

I'm not even sure I know 203 people, let alone consider that many to be 'friends'. In fact I'd imagine people I actually consider to be good friends, so I should be sharing masses of personal information with would struggle to number 30. Add family to that and it doesn't add up to 200+.

Looking round though, my one is quite low (sob sob) there are people with 500, 600, even more than 1,000, and looking at some of these people.. really?? I doubt it.

Just having a nose through as I type and, yes I do know most of these people, can't remember the last time I spoke to many of them. Can't remember the last time I wanted to speak to quite a few, but it's some kind of twisted manners that I continue to tell them when I'm on holiday, when I'm in Tesco, when I've got a headache etc (actually that makes me sound like I update my status every 10 mins, believe me I don't) it's a fact that each of these people would have had the opportunity to gander at photos of me in a dress, a couple of times.

Saying that it's a miracle they haven't removed me. Bt equally I also have to wade through their shite on a daily basis, stuff I'm not really interested in, even question the integrity of much of the time.

So far I've removed a massive one, but come lunchtime there'll be a cull, if I can be arsed. Or I may pop to HMV and see how much Rocky Horror is on Blu-ray. I'm disgusted with myself I don't own it.

This is why I prefer Twitter (@andrewdrisc don't be shy!) yes I still make stuff public, I can easily control who reads it if I wanted too, but I only read what I want too (well there's still some there that need to go, but anything like the same kind of scale.

Maybe Facebook should give us some google+ (still not really used that, am signed up) style options, so I vcan have friends, family, and... other...


No comments:

Post a Comment