Tuesday 24 January 2012

The whole world's a stage...

I'm going to be on TV!

Yesterday, around lunch time, my phone rang... 'Blocked' it said. I thought... no... can it be? The last time that appeared on my phone it was a producer from Pointless telling me (and of course Boucheron, teams of 2) that we'd passed the audition to appear on the show.

I eagerly answered the phone, hoping.. but expecting for some fecker to try and sell my mobile insurance or something. But no, it was good news that come the end of February our presence is requested to appear on the latest series of Pointless. Where of course we will smash it...

Now I've been on TV before, I was on fifteen-to-one as a bright eye'd and slightly gormless 18 year old, and was promptly dumped out in the first round. But I went to that with zero expectations, knowing that sonme of the people on that show could hand me my arse in a quiz, and as it was a quiz, my arse was promptly handed to me.

I (possibly) was in a crowd scene in Doctor Who once (The Vote Saxon episode) and I was on the Sport Wales in the background playing dodgeball once. Great stuff.

But this time, if the subjects fall OK etc, I think there's a possibility of us doing well. Who knows! Either way you'll be able to see our humiliation, or indeed rise to power in May type time on BBC1. I won't be able to tell anyone how we've done before it goes on air, or BBC snipers will find me and slay me deadshot style.

Only downside I can see is the rather strict wardrobe requirements, 5 outfits of particular styles and colours, now I'm a simple man (not that kind of simple) and honestly I don't own 5 outfits that meet this criteria, I barely own 5 outfits, so some shopping is required.

I am picking up my fancy dress costume for Saturday nights festivities (look out Swansea a minibus of superheroes is on route...) would a Batman outfit be good for use on the show? No? Well at least I asked!

3 days left til 30...

No comments:

Post a Comment