Monday 30 January 2012

Holy can't breathe Batman!

I've done some classy things in my time, but ending up in a welfare point in Swansea being attended too by paramedics, while dressed as Batman on Saturday night, that's gotta rank up there!

Among my many medical problems I'm asthmatic, but it's not that bad any more. Therefore last Saturday when struggling for pocket space (as there weren't any) in my fancy dress costume (wallet, phone, keys etc were located in a running belt round my waist) my inhaler was due to be passed to a pocketed up friend to carry. Downside was I forgot all about that while leaving, and so it remained in my mates house while I sped down the A465.

I realised this quite quickly, but thought, "Oh well, I won't need it anyway". Ha! Wrong motherfucker!

Anyway, it was a cracking night, we were looking classy as a group, someone even dressed up as Kato (just with the wrong hat), even though he was claiming to be the Green Hornet, his hat was white and his mask black...

Look how classy we looked!






Just need to teach Robin an appropriate superhero pose!

Anyway, it got too 12:45 or so and we hit Reflex as we usually do, but by this point I'd been struggling slightly with my chest for maybe 20 minutes, and was getting increasingly aware of it. Few minutes later I went for the door to get some fresh air, was hanging round there, where one mate spotted me and came to see what the issue was (Kato), I explained the situation and was soon joined by another (Mr Incredible), before I know it the 3 of us are marching up Wind Street in search of assistance.

Thanks to the sober Kato, and my insistence nobody calls 999, we located the said van and come 1:10 I was sat on a nebuliser (it''s been a while) regaining the ability to breathe! My blood o2 dropped to below 92% and I've soreness still now from struggling to breathe for so long, plus the cold weather etc. Bradley Edwards and Kevin Marsh, I owe grand style.

From there I hit McDonalds then got the bus home, eventful evening on the whole.

The weirdest part, most people seemed to think it was quite normal for:

  • Batman
  • Robin
  • Superman
  • Captain America (although there was no shield)
  • Bananaman
  • The Joker
  • Kato
  • Mr Incredible 
To be wandering round. Odd place Swansea :)


That represented the mid-section of my birthday weekend. Previously on the Friday I'd had a particularly excellent meal in Crickhowell. 20oz rump steak was awesome, large and awesome and last night, until snow coverage scared us home we were in Britain's Got Talent auditions (not preforming) and let's be fair, it was very average, but the, surprisingly chav-heavy, crowd cheered when the production staff wanted them too etc

Anyway, I better change the bio bit to say 30!




No comments:

Post a Comment