Friday 13 January 2012

Nearly 30...

It's my birthday soon! (Cards are welcome, cash direct to my paypal account encouraged...)

This birthday will leave me ending with a zero, so it's a slightly bigger deal than the previous few birthdays and means I'll hit 30. As a result of the numerical magnitude, death of my youth, onset of middle age, etc, it has been decided to expand on my traditional few pints round town to visit the fair city of Abertawe, is there a theme? Of course it is... 80s cartoon characters (as I, and indeed they, were born in the 80s, see.. you follow??).

This leaves me with a dilemma, who do I go as, I've got ideas but they all feel a little obvious. Count Duckula, He Man, nothing is inspiring me at all. It has to be a male, the last twice I've ventured out on the wonderful lad of Wind Street I've been in a dress n tights... not this time! Even though it has to be said, I do have the legs to pull it off.

As well as my brick wall on ideas, I also have friends who are very good at this kind of thing, and who do put the effort in. This then pushes everyone else on to try, or else look stupid! A good effort will be made by my good self, I just don't know what yet.

What even counts? Does stuff such as Batman (yes I'm aware of the tights situation), which was a cartoon pre-80s but with some produced pre-80s too count? Ghostbusters? Bill n Ted? Cartoons, but ripped off from films? Who knows hey! The Simpsons was actually first produced in 1989, technically...

So any ideas are most welcome, I've currently got a massive 15 days til it's time so I better get my arse in gear. 

1 comment: