Thursday 14 July 2011

Cash Generator 2 - The reply

Right, here goes again, for anyone wanting the back story the original blog, including my communication to Cash Generator can be found here:

http://andrewdrisc.blogspot.com/2011/07/cash-generator-vs-good-service.html

Well you've never have guessed it, they've responded and to be honest it was a very predictable response, so as not to dilute the experience, here it is in all it's glory:



From: merthyr tydfil [mailto:merthyr@stores.cashgenerator.co.uk

Sent: 14 July 2011 15:37
To: Still not gonna leave my email address here, nuh-huh.
Subject: Kinnect Game




To

Mr Driscoll

In response to your e-mail as a gesture we will offer an exchange on the item or credit note to the value of the disc, our exchange policy is clearly stated and when initial query was handled no mention of disc burn was  mentioned and as far as we are aware this damage cannot be repaired, although scratches to discs can be. We will happily give you the exchange as above or credit note which has no expiry.
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

Cash Generator
Merthyr Tydfil

I haven't responded.

A few points, not written the best (or maybe it's my years of letter writing giving me OTT standards) and it never fills you with confidence when they can't even spell the product... The product knowledge (disc 'burns' can't be repaired??) worries me a little also... and grow a pair (or the female equivalent) and sign your email.

No mention of disc burn, true, but saying that I didn't mention anything, I left the staff member to examine it, but they possibly/probably didn't know what disc burn was!

And honestly a credit note, like I'd ever want to shop in their pikey shitehole again after this experience. I'll leave that to people in tracksuits from now on.

I did take a picture of the pre-fixed disc and although it's a shite picture (I'm not a photographer!) you can see the white rings of surface disc scoring! Et voila:


By some crazy random happenstance though a guy from Trading Standards in Merthyr rang my house asking for me today, not long after the email landed in my inbox. One monster of a coincidence if you ask me. Maybe it's fate... maybe it's just really pro-active, maybe even it's some jester from Cash Gen pretending to be trading standards to judge a reaction! I'll give them a ring back tomorrow (or they now have my mobile) and see what they got to say.

There's very little in it for me to do anything, but I just feel like I should, or they'll just carry on.

1 comment: