Tuesday 13 March 2012

Three mobile

Three mobile, you are crap it has to be said. Presumably named 3 as that's the percentage of the time you have good signal.My previous dealings with them, particularly trying to cancel my mobile broadband have been documented:

http://andrewdrisc.blogspot.com/2012/02/three-mobile-you-just-made-list.html

Anyway I while back I went with three as I liked the 'all you can eat data' idea for my mobile, doing as much shit as you want seemingly a perfect fit for smart phones, and they (well not they, phones4u who were cracking in this instance!) supplied me with a nice iPhone4. All the normal checks were done and I was informed the signal was good in my area.

For the first 2 maybe 3 months it was, but then particularly at home, it started to get worse, much worse until the most common words on my phone screen were 'No Service' or 'Searching...'. Shit. After a few weeks of this I decided to complain, went to their website and sent an email, after first receiving a standard reply, they did get back to me, in the middle of working hours, so I quickly explained the situation, they said the signal was fine, I disagreed, they said they'd get an engineer to ring me back. Good stuff I thought and asked them to ring me after 6 due to work.

For the next 4 days I received calls at 3pm on the dot, which I of course was unwilling and unable to take. Eventually the first woman I spoke to called me back to see if anything was resolved I said no and that's the last I heard about it.

Months later, I'm still getting shit signal most of the time (it's generally ok in Cardiff), their twitter team confirmed they're doing nothing about the signal in my area, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to finish the contract early without paying through the nose. Their entirely outsourced call centres have no grasp of what I'm saying most of the time. They're a bad bad company and I can't wait to be rid of them. Motherfuckers. Unfortunately that's still some time away, but I would warn anyone away from using three for anything.

Imagine what it's going to be like to cancel, I'm already dreading that call and it's over 12 months away. I'll have a non-uk call centre worker offering me his first born child, an iPhone7, ten grand in cash and a hamster to stay with them, unable to grasp that the phone wont work without signal.

In fact this blog would have been done and out this morning, but do you know why it wasn't? Using my phone as a hotspot and... CRAP SIGNAL. 30 mins and nothing then a little dot. Motherfuckers!

It's easy to offer something like unlimited data when you know people are going to struggle to use much. Take me to an Orange shop someone please!

No comments:

Post a Comment