Tuesday 6 March 2012

I Am Alive

Many many issues ago GamesTM, a respected games magazine wrote about a game called I Am Alive. Supposedly a big upcoming release, they devoted pages to it, screenshots, interviews, praise, much time was spent and hope was placed on the game. I read it, I looked at the pretty pictures, I liked the idea and I thought, 'Oh yes, it will be mine'

Then it vanished, seemingly cut, gamesTM pick another winner!

Some time later I read something online that vaguely mentions the existence of the game, so hope starts all over again, it turns out that the project had changed development companies and had trimmed itself down to be an XBLA/PSN game, so as a result would at least be cheaper, but with obviously less content.

So this got me thinking, is it worth it? What of the content has been forever lost, what else will suffer? Graphics? I'll chances are now cost a £10 (1200msp?) so it still may be worth a punt but I'm not convinced. Saints Row The Third is very enjoyable at the moment and it wouldn't really manage to get ahead of that anyway.

The game itself seems quite interesting (explaining why I was interested) in that you wander round a smashed up city trying to stay alive and help others. It'd be nice to play a game where you haven't got to shoot EVERYONE for a change.

There are a few big/interesting releases due soon though, FIFA street plays really well in the demo, I like it and that's out next Friday I think. Mass Effect 3 (which I have 0 interest in I'll be honest, so that one is just big) is out this Friday. Silent Hill HD collection is out on the 20th in North America but not quite sure over here, plus Downpour is due soon after. Plus there's always the kinect lightsaber game... I hope that's not awful I really do. Something deep inside is telling me it's going to be more Star Wars milking shit that dirties the good name of the series further so George Lucas can have an another solid gold toilet seat. Just wait til I start about re-releasing the films in 3D - JUST WAIT.

I don't know, I'll watch some gameplay videos and stuff now and make my mind up based on that. If Downpour is as poor as Homecoming I'd rather rent it anyway. Lovefilm, you are awesome!

Oh yeah my XBOX Live Gold is up soon, and not having a previously classic but now tired film series to exploit, I need a cheap place to get a sub, anyone know anywhere? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment