Wednesday 17 September 2014

Scammed!!

Right this is the second time of writing this, Blogger... poor show.

I can be really annoyingly fucking stupid on times. I try to see the best in situations and people and while most of the time, this stands me in good stead, every now and again it comes back to bite me in the arse. Well this is one of those times.

I wanted to get an external capture card to record game footage on my xbox one/360/wiiu etc. The idea being it would enhance the reviews etc I do over at www.keyboardwarriors.co.uk. However, the main stumbling block was the price, the one i wanted was an Elgato Game Capture HD, which would set me back about a hundred quid. Too much for me to justify paying sadly.

So I hit eBay and Gumtree, start pricing them up at anything between 40 and 70. I select one (on the bottom of the price chain) and check him out a bit. He has picture of the actual product, not a stock one, looks like a verified uk location, history of posting to the site. Looked legit.

After a length back and fore by email, he agreed to post, I agreed to pay. Guess what? Only 50% of us kept their end up and shockingly that was me.

The day after I paid (this morning) I get a message off Gumtree saying he was a suspected fraud and my cash was gone. I head to PayPal and try to dispute the payment, but apparently I clicked an option wrong when sending the money (option I needed wasn't there on the screen I used mind), then to Natwest who may be able to help when it appears on my statement, but I already know there'll be some reason why they can't.

Informed Gumtree who can do pretty much nothing, so I'm minus cash and item.

Worst part is it's made me not want to do the very thing I was trying to do better, I really resent writing any review or game news now and I don't think I can do it anymore.

It's definitely the end of me buying second hand online. Which will stop me buying... most things I want.

Anyone want to play balls the guys email/paypal add is  ohservice3@outlook.com - John Daily (yes spelt like the every 24 hour thing). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment