Thursday 31 May 2012

New stuff - SNES, Pi and the bunny

Over the last week or so I seem to have acquired stuff quite quickly.

My Raspberry Pi has arrived, about 4 years after I placed the order, but to be honest, all enthusiasm for the little thing has long since perished and if anything it seems a waste for me to hold on to it.

That is my hand and no I'm not a giant, it really is quite small. But the task of gathering equipment, power lead (actually have that) HDMI cable, SD card reader, SD card that works, etc, is seeming as attractive as jumping into some chemical waste and becoming a super-villain. Hmmmm.....

At the moment it's as likely to end up on eBay as actually being used...

But better than that, which seeing as I'm completely unenthusiastic about it isn't overly hard, is the new pet the child has come into the possession of! She has wanted something quite fluffy for a while now and we considered Hamsters (vicious little bastards, fuck that), Guinea Pigs (look a bit like fat rats?) but eventually settled on a rabbit. It's her 4th birthday on Saturday, so last weekend we went and picked one up with me and mother Driscoll fronting 50% of the cost each. Pets at home staff, I have to say were quality, told us what we needed, including a back story on the rabbit and a few hours later et voila:


We have Rosie the rabbit at home, in a nice wooden hutch. Cute aint she?? Shits all the time don't she?? Had her outdoor (now indoor as a result) hutch attacked by a cat first night didn't she?? What stupid animals cats are, just bog off moggy haven't you got some birds to pester?? Stupid animals, feed them all to dogs I reckon! 

And yes that is a USA football top, I like it, it's a nice design!

Finally my favourite new possession is this little beauty:


Oh yes, that is a remarkably good condition PAL Super Nintendo, wanted one for a while and eventually just went and bought it, £40 with 2 games (Super Tennis and Flashback) both of which I used to have and love back in the day. 

The source of this purchase was the lovely Otakuzoku in Cardiff, a cracking little shop on Sailsbury Road in Cardiff, much recommended as they had loads of stuff. (I'll take my fee now...) Only down side was they wanted £23 for Super Metroid, I want Metroid, but not for that cash.

I got a component cable connection for it for £3 on ebay and it looks and plays fabulous. I'm now on the prowl for games on eBay. There is a possibility that these old games may seemingly suck now, but I'm confident my happy 16 bit memories will still hold up, they have on the first 2 games at least. Super Tennis is awesome! I've experienced annoyance with the Mortal Kombat collection on the 360, so some caution will be used though. I also need to invest in a 2nd controller.

In addition a Game Boy pocket has turned up, complete with Tetris game and has seen some use already, although sadly the battery back up in the cart is dead so no scores are saved. Tetris is still a fabulous game though.

Oh and Twin Peaks rocks, everyone watch.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew, Glad you like the snes. I saw your post looking up otakuzoku in goggle(I am one of the owners) Can I please please buy your raspberry Pi?? facebook/call the shop and we can sort something out, maybe swap for metroid.
    Cheers
    Haydn

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I change game boy cart batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Sorry only just saw the comment! If if seen it sooner I'd have said yes, but I've got it up n running now!

    ReplyDelete