Wednesday 5 October 2011

Yodel

Previously on this blog:

http://andrewdrisc.blogspot.com/2011/06/early-learning-centre.html

Now the continuation...


Yodel, Yodel, Yodel, so our paths cross again... 

I have serious issues with this company, the above link contains details of my only ever previous dealing with them so for a start they were 1-0 down. This time I ordered some new running stuff (top, shorts, trainers) from sportsdirect, paid a bit extra for Saturday delivery so I'd get it nice and fast, clicked but and thought I'd be slipping into my new trainers within days.

Did I think wrong? Of course I thought wrong as the delivery agents for SportsDirect are fucking Yodel...

Saturday comes and we hang in the house as long as we can knowing that if we miss it, they'll just leave it in a random house as usual. Wait, what's that in the door? It's a Yodel failed delivery slip... hmmm didn't knock hard there did you gringo. Oh well shit happens, particularly when it comes to these fuckers.

I ring their automated redelivery service and the next available appointment is Tuesday (I personally passed 2 Yodel vans driving round Merthyr on Monday) so after some discussion (not with the computer I'm not mental) I booked 'Tuesday' of course no times or anything, that would be good service. I of course leave a contact number so any problems they can get hold of me. 

Nobody does, the sun sets and rises a few times and Tuesday comes. It just so happens I'm off work Tuesday to have my Diabetic Eye Screening, life's one long party in the house of 3 Driscolls I tell you! Nobody comes all day, it gets to about 4pm and concern is creeping in. I nose through the sports direct confirmation email and find a tracking link, click away and it tells me the thing is still in the depot in Nantgarw.

Not impressed.

On the phone I go and get through to someone who I'll kindly describe as new. Picture an older woman both index fingers extended searching the keyboard of each letter she has to type. The conversation is slow to put it mildly and the guy over her shoulder is clearly audible on the line! She says I haven't requested a redelivery, I protest, offering to show her a phone bill with my call to them on it from Saturday. Then it changes to, it's held in Nantgarw, as per my request... my request... what request was that then? 

She kindly offers to arrange a redelivery for Thursday, I kindly ask them to shove it up their arses and return the package to sender. This confuses them, much button searching follows and eventually I'm assured this has been done, and it will head back to Sheffield tomorrow (now today) I'm not confident.

(At this point I've just checked the Yodel site and the package is still awaiting collection in Nantgarw... Jesus wept, now they're delaying my refund off SportsDirect)

I then asked to make a complaint, I was told no basically, no way to do so at the moment. I ask to speak to a manager, nobody around (I can fucking hear him telling you what to do!!) but she can take the complaint details from me and they'll be in touch. Cool. She then informs me this is the first complaint she's done... believe me love, it aint gonna be the last.

After much detail taking, such as name, address (they didn't know my address, explains a bit) and quite a bit of 2 finger typing, she has all the details. Then tells me she's taken all that in error and I need to write in to the following postal address, I ask for an email alternative and eventually get one. I'll be writing the complaint later today!

I then had to contact SportsDirect to cancel the order, which had a big big waiting time, but was easy and they were really apologetic. Nothing against them, but they're a Yodel user!

So new rule, if a company uses Yodel for deliveries, they don't get my business, simple. Yes I may be massively limiting my options, but these fuckwits have crossed the line, they are so far past the line, the line is a dot to them.

I've already cancelled my Arkham City pre-order from the Yodel using Amazon.co.uk and will move it to the TNT using shopto.net. 

I apologise for the use of language through this blog, but Yodel really grind my shit.

15 comments:

  1. The trouble is, I believe Yodel sub contract for all the other big names. So you may order something via UPS but it will still arrive via Yodel.

    Tweet on a regular basis using the #Yodel tag. Looking at that hashtag stream no one has anything good to say about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the e-mail address for Nantgarw. Between christmas and now they have failed to deliver 3 packages because they have failed to locate me! what with a postcode? I seem to manage to locate most places - they are a courier company surely this is basic! Fumming.

    NANTGARW.Service.Centre@yodel.co.uk

    Facebook have a page too called Yodel - possibly the worst...

    Use this and abuse it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yodel were asked (by the sender) to collect a package sent to me in error. They collected it, opened it, resealed it badly, then dumped it back on my doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling the same pain. Yodel and Sportsdirect. Truly a disgrace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two items from the same order and sender to my address, sent at the same time one goes from the sender to Wednesbury to Nantgarw then to my address, the other goes from sender to Leamington where it spends 6 hours, then takes 11 hours to get to Hatfield (it's getting further away from me} spends an hour in Hatfield, then takes 6 hours to get to Nantgarw, by this time it's early Saturday morning and of course there isn't a Saturday delivery, so it looks like Monday maybe..,..to be continued

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ordered two items, paid extra to have them delivered on my day off work. Nothing turns up. Two days later one of them turns up - was left with a neighbour. Four days later and the other item still hasn't arrived. Phoned Yodel, no help. Phoned them again and just left continually on hold. By methods too long-winded to go into I now have the location of their service centre in Nantgarw so I'll be driving down there to pick the damn thing up myself. I'll be complaining to the company I placed the order with about their delivery contractor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yodel still up to no good. Was expecting delivery Thursday heard nothing from them at all. Waited in all day Friday only to check my post box to find they apparently called at 1:30!! Courier left rude comment on slip, i tracked down couriers number only for him to send rude text saying he will try again when he can!! Saturday came, i let him know i am not there between 11 and 4, when does he deliver, yea 1pm, nice thanks for that. He will not respond to any calls or texts,id rather just collect from servce centre, but i dont think its about what i want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One word horrendous!!! Pay extra for Saturday delivery only for them to attempt to deliver on Friday and Monday when I am at work. Arrange for my daughter to be there on Tuesday final delivery and at 9.20 she finds a slip in the porch without hearing the door knock at all!!! Now I can't pick the parcel up until tomorrow when I go on holidays!!! I will NOT be using any more companies that use Yodel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. they lied said they tried to deliver twice and left a card, they never came near the house paid extra for next day. The mrs waited in for 2 days

    do not use yodel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yodel tried to delivery as they said no they didn't no where near my home it took them 4 days to deliver I had a note through my door saying 2nd attempt plus it took them 8 weeks to collect a parcel to return to a company that was ment to be next day collection

    ReplyDelete
  11. We too found a card in the door when we were in, looked at the CCTV footage that covered the time the card said they tried to deliver, driver literally walked up to the door, did not even bother to try to ring the bell, put the card through and walked away. This happened not once, but the second time when we rang to 're-book' as well! When we rang Yodel to complain they basically called us liers until we offered to send them the footage at which point they did a 180 turn and the package amazingly arrived the following day. You should not need CCTV to get an efficient delivery though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ordered some stuff from a guy on ebay. Royal mail first class. Somehow its yodelled itself. Tracking said delivery wednesday or thursday. Took two days off. Wednesday came and went, thursday arrives and i check tracking, item is still in nantwherever in wales, but will arrive no later than today (Thursday). Waited all day, no parcels from over the border. By 1040pm that night i check site again, still says no later than today (midnight deliveries anyone?), so it looks like friday is another day waiting in for a parcel. Unhappy isnt the word, there are feckloads of words i could use though. Incidentally, the information on the tracking is also confusing, parce scan awaiting coll (ection?). Whats that supposed to mean to someone checking delivery status? More confusing as its supposedly on its way? I hate this firm right at this moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely disgusting service delivered my parcel to wrong St 6 days ago and driver can't remember what number house been ringing everyday and was promised a call back on 6 occasions basically telling me there's nothing they can do for me to contact the person I bought it off to say I'm peed off is an understatement would not recommend them as courier absolutely ussless

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely disgusting service delivered my parcel to wrong St 6 days ago and driver can't remember what number house been ringing everyday and was promised a call back on 6 occasions basically telling me there's nothing they can do for me to contact the person I bought it off to say I'm peed off is an understatement would not recommend them as courier absolutely ussless

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sir
    please provide me Yodel Customer Service Number because i want to know that how can i change my delivery address..??

    ReplyDelete